Computer Usage Policy
Appropriate Use of Library Computers
When using library computers, the following activities are prohibited:
- Game playing or recreational use.
- Malicious use, defined as unauthorized access to computing resources.
- Transmission, uploading or downloading of copyright-infringing materials, including unauthorized files or software and/or library- or university-licensed software.
- Theft, vandalism and/or reconfiguration of workstations/computers, software, printers and/or related material.
- Accessing offensive, obscene or indecent images, media or materials.
- Commercial or business activities, including the transmission of commercial or advertising material, or commercial solicitation.
Activities and uses beyond the academic and research needs of the university community are not allowed on library computers. People violating applicable laws will be prosecuted appropriately.